Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve done a “favorites” post, so I thought summertime would be the perfect occasion! Read on to learn more about my absolute SUMMER FAVES:
- Banana Boat Protective Tanning Oil SPF 15: This is by far my favorite sunscreen for the body (not face)! Warning—it’s SUPER oily, but it gives you such a nice summer tan/glow! Literally ONE good day in the sun with this sunscreen is enough to give you a perfect color base. Also, it tends to be very protective from sunburns! Find this at Target for less than $10!
2. BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter: As far as face highlighters go, this one is LIT. Mine gives me the ultimate glow, without being too extreme. It also lasts all day, keeping me looking alive even after an 8 hour day at the office. A very little bit goes a very long way: I’ve had mine for months and have barely made a dent in it! I could see this lasting a year easily [even if you use it on a daily basis—which I do!]. Can be purchased at Sephora for $38.
3. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: The ultimate face moisturizer! I use this nearly every night before bed, and it keeps my skin hydrated and supple…especially during the dry summer months! It soaks into the skin nicely, without leaving an oily residue. Also great for sensitive skin, and has not caused me to have breakouts! Can be purchased from Nordstrom, Ulta, or Macy’s for $28.
4. Luna Fofo 2–in-1 Custom Cleansing Brush: I was lucky and received this in my Summer FabFitFun box, but it can be purchased for $89. While it touts its ability to analyze your skin type, measure hydration, and provide an overview of your skin’s health, I personally like it because it keeps track of the time you take to wash your face (60 seconds), providing a pulsing sensation when it’s time for you to move on to a different section of your face. This little brush ensures that I don’t skimp on my face washing, and provides a deep clean that thoroughly reaches every pore. My breakouts have substantially reduced since I’ve started using this brush daily.
5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater: The summertime is HOT, and sometimes I just need a quick way to cool down. I found this rosewater spray at Urban Outfitters for only $7 and LOVE spraying it on my face when I’m feeling toasty. It smells fresh and yummy, and keeps my skin hydrated throughout the day without causing any additional oil/blemishes. It’s like allowing your face to go run through the sprinklers….now, who wouldn’t want that?
6. Summer Starbucks Go-To: I switch up my Starbucks drink selection depending on the season. In the summer my focus shifts to ‘refreshing’. If I’m feeling like something healthy, I’ll go for the unsweetened iced green tea, easy ice. If I want something with coffee, I’ll go for the iced hazelnut latte, with only 1 pump of hazelnut, nonfat milk, and easy ice. TIP: ALWAYS ASK FOR EASY ICE AT STARBUCKS. They tend to load their drinks with ice, meaning you get less of the actual drink. I go easy on the ice, to get the most out of my purchase.
7. Kind Bars: The perfect light & easy snack on-the-go. I like to enjoy a Kind bar with a handful of blueberries or a banana on the side. These are gluten free, kosher, low sodium and low glycemic index, a good source of fiber, and au-natural. My favorite flavors are dark chocolate almond & coconut, almond & coconut, and the dark chocolate cherry cashew.
8. Barre Workouts: If you haven’t tried barre yet, then you are seriously doing yourself a disservice. Barre classes mix elements of pilates, dance, yoga, and functional training. This is the BEST full-body workout, and it is also loads of fun. It’s always a challenge, but after just a few short weeks your body begins to feel stronger as a result of you learning how to isolate and work individual muscles better and more effectively. Tiny movements make for big results, and I don’t know about you, but I’m looking to get a cute booty and bikini body just in time for my Cancun vacay next month!
9. Iconic Protein Shakes: Looking for a yummy, healthy, and sustaining meal replacement? Look no further! These protein shakes are the best I’ve tried so far. They have 20g of protein, 3g of sugar, and 130 kcals. I like these because they have a great taste, and no yucky aftertaste! WIN! Favorite flavors are Café Au Lait (basically iced coffee) and chocolate truffle! Sprouts sometimes carries these on sale for $2. Otherwise they can run $3 or $3.50 apiece (which is STILL cheaper than an actual meal)!
10. Day Planner: I have so much going on always, that I honestly do not know what I would do without a daily planner/organizer! I take this everywhere with me, it is my lifeline. I found a great planner on Amazon (but can also be found at Target) for only $27.99. It has a monthly and daily view (the daily view is organized by every ½ hour!). So whether you’re planning a happy hour, or a routine dentist visit, you won’t miss a thing!
Hope you enjoyed this post! 🙂 Happy Summer!